Assistant Professor, Higher Institute of Computing Sciences and Multimedia of Gabes-Tunisia
PhD student, National School of Engineering of Sfax-Tunisia
M.S. degree (DEA) in Computer Science from the National School of Engineering of Sfax-Tunisia, in 2007.
Engineer degree in Computer Science from the National School of Engineering of Sfax-Tunisia, in 2006.
National School of Engineering of Sfax (ENIS)
Department of the Computer Science and Applied Mathematics (DGIMA)
Route de Soukra Km 4, PB 1173, Sfax-Tunisie
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Research TopicsMy current research works are concentrated on web services security policy matching. Web services technology is the most adopted implementation of SOA (Service Oriented Architectures). In this technology, the communication between a Web service and its consumers is based on the SOAP standard (Simple Object Access Protocol).Nowadays, SOAP messages security is a major concern when using Web services. In addition to functional aspects, Web services selection must also take into account the compatibility between the security policy (SP) of the service provider and the the SP of the service consumer. In fact, on the one hand, the service provider has a SP that specifies the security requirements that the consumers must satisfy in order to use the service. On the other hand, the consumer has also his own SP specifying the security requirements that the service must satisfy in order to be used. Therefore, a SP matching step is needed to support the consumer to choose, among a set of functionaly equivalent Web services, only a service whose SP is compatible with his SP. Web service providers and consumers use WS-SecurityPolicy standard (WS-SP) to specify their SPs. However, the lack of semantics in WS-SP hampers the effectiveness of matching security policies. To resolve this problem, we propose a semantic approach for specifying and matching Web service security policies.
Master's thesisImproving Java Card Grid Dependability with Fault Prevention and Fault Tolerance.
External reviewer of conferences and seminars:- ICWIT'09 : The Second International Conference on Web and Information Technologies.
- CRATT 2009 : Le 3ème Colloque de Recherche Appliquée et de Transfert de Technologie, 12-24 June, Kerkennah Island, Tunisia.
- Notere 2010: La 10ème Conférence Internationale sur les NOuvelles TEchnologies de la REpartition, 31 May-2 June 2010, Tozeur-Tunisia.
- SECTEST 2011: The Second International Workshop on Security Testing, 25 March 2011, Berlin - Germany.
- AROSA 2012: Adaptive and Reconfigurable Service-Oriented and Component-based Applications and Architectures, 25 27 June 2012, Toulouse, France.
- CAL 2013: Conférence francophone sur les Architectures Logicielles, 30-31 May 2013, Toulouse, France.
- IWCMC 2015 Wireless Sensor Symposium: ACM International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference,Wireless Sensor Symposium, 24-27 August 2015, Croatia.
- NETYS_2016: The 4th Edition of The International Conference on NETworked sYStems, 18-20 May 2016, Marrakech, Morocco.
International Journal Papers- Monia Ben Brahim ,Tarak Chaari, Maher Ben Jemaa and Mohamed Jmaiel. The SemSPM approach: Fine integration of WS-SecurityPolicy semantics to enhance matching security policies in service oriented architectures. In Service Oriented Computing and Applications, pages 337-364, 2016. Springer [ BibTeX | DOI ]
International Conference Papers- Monia Ben Brahim ,Tarak Chaari, and Mohamed Jmaiel. XPath translation to enhance the semantic matching of fine-grained Web service security policies. In Proceedings of of the 12th IEEE/ACS International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA), pages 1-8, 2015. IEEE Computer Society [ BibTeX | DOI ]
- Monia Ben Brahim ,Tarak Chaari, Maher Ben Jemaa and Mohamed Jmaiel. Semantic matching of of Web services security policies. In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Risks and Security of Internet and Systems (CRiSIS 2012), pages 1-8, Cork, Ireland, October 2012. IEEE Computer Society [ BibTeX | DOI ]
- Monia Ben Brahim , Maher Ben Jemaa and Mohamed Jmaiel. Security Mapping To Enhance Matching Fine-Grained Security Policies. In Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Networked Digital Technologies (NDT 2010), Communications in Computer and Information Science, pages 183-196, Prague, Czech Republic, July 2010. Springer [ BibTeX | DOI ]
- Monia Ben Brahim, Maher Ben Jemaa, and Mohamed Jmaiel. Improving Java Card Grid Dependability with Fault Prevention and Fault Tolerance. In Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Systems and Critical Applications, Tunis, Tunisia, May 2008. [ BibTeX | PDF ]
International Workshop Papers- Monia Ben Brahim , Tarak Chaari, Maher Ben Jemaa, and Mohamed Jmaiel. Semantic matching of ws-securitypolicy assertions. In Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Non-Functional Properties and SLA Management in Service-Oriented Computing (NFPSLAM-SOC'11) held in conjunction With the International Conference on Service oriented Computing (ICSOC11), Paphos, Cyprus, 2011. Springer. [ BibTeX | DOI ]
National Conference Papers- Monia Ben Brahim, Feten Baccar, Maher Ben Jemaa, and Mohamed Jmaiel. Approche basée composition pour les applications sur une grille de cartes Java. Septième journées scientifiques des jeunes chercheurs en Génie Electrique et Informatique GEI2007- Monastir- Tunisie du 26 au 28 Mars.[ PDF ]
- since 2012: The Higher Institute of Computing Sciences and Multimedia of Gabes-Tunisia - 2007-2011: The National School of Engineers of Sfax,Department of the Computer Science and Applied Mathematics (DGIMA), University of Sfax, Tunisia - 2006-2007: The Higher Institute of Electronics and Communication, University of Sfax, Tunisia